In every massage therapy session, a thorough analysis is first done to identify the real cause of pain. This phase will also help your massage therapist to better understand your condition and the ideal techniques to be applied. It is essential to inform your massage therapist about your medical condition like pregnancy.
1. Enhanced range of motion: The first and foremost benefit provided by proprioceptive neuromuscular massage is enhancing the range of motion. It enhances both the active and passive range of motions.
2. Enhanced neuromuscular control: This massage technique will help you gain enhanced and better neuromuscular control. Thus, it helps in regaining and recovering the working capabilities of the muscles of the whole body.
3. Better muscle strength: The isometric stretching of muscles imparts several positive impacts on your muscles’ health. The weakness caused by the muscles’ inactivity vanishes, and the muscles’ working and strength are recovered.
4. Better nervous control and coordination: Proprioceptive neuromuscular massage causes improvements in nerves’ communication throughout the human body. Better performance of the nervous system will improve the control of the brain over the body.
In other words, PNF massage helps significantly in the improvement of the coordination (Brain+ spinal cord) system of the human body.
5. Stability of joints: When the human body’s muscles are not working well, the chances of joint abnormalities and diseases are enhanced. Proprioceptive neuromuscular massage causes improvements in muscle functioning. Better muscle performance reduces the chances of joint abnormalities.
6. Recovery from injuries: If you have any injury or trauma resulting from strenuous exercises, the muscle working is affected, and the range of motion is also reduced. In this case, you can take help from this massage technique. It will help you overcome the effects of that injury or trauma.
7. Suitable for people of every age: There is no need to worry about the age factor. People of almost all ages can go through this technique without having any difficulty or side effects.
8. Increased muscle length: In addition to all benefits mentioned above, the Proprioceptive neuromuscular massage helps increase the length of muscles. The increased length of muscle gives better control and coordination.
At the same time, it helps in enhancing the capability of the nervous. System to trigger the right muscle at the right time.