Providing Physiotherapy Services for Injured Workers
WorkSafeBC is a statutory agency, which operates in the British Columbia that came into existence in 1917 after the Workers Compensation Act passed in 1902. The main goal of this agency is to provide physiotherapy services to injured workers that seek medical help urgently.
Some occupational claims should be reported to make service free of charge. Physiotherapists carry out an extensive assessment to work barriers to ensure the treatment.
To ensure the safest return of the injured worker, Evergreen Rehab and Wellness Physiotherapists may contact the employer and WCB adjudicator. The services of WorkSafeBC also include decision making together by making the clients engaged to satisfy them. The industries that WorkSafeBC entertains are agriculture, manufacturing, health care and social services, and construction under different service providers.
Workers are seeing a Registered Physiotherapist at Evergreen Rehab and Wellness clinic to help you:
These registered physiotherapists at the clinic help you with the different situations and injuries to get into the normal working hours. The Following are the main goals of therapy;
- Physiotherapists help you in the fast recovery of workplace injury
- They help you return to work safely as soon as possible without delaying a minute
- Therapists suggest you prevent the specific work that can cause the reoccurrence of a similar injury.
Questions asked by the Physiotherapist during the Initial Visit:
There are different responsibilities of physiotherapists which they have to come up with. The Shelburne Physiotherapists proceed with the treatment after;
- Asking questions about work injury
- Explaining the expectations with treatment
- Explaining the role you’ll play to make the treatment successful
- Providing the plan of when and how you can return to work
How do WorkSafeBC Physiotherapists Work?
WorkSafeBC entertains work-related injuries. The claim process is important as it pays for your first visit by confirming whether the claim number is registered with WorkSafeBC or not. After the approval, WorkSafeBC’s physiotherapists provide you the required treatment. No referral is needed to claim. The least requirement is you must ensure the claim of the contract with WorkSafeBC to proceed with the physiotherapy treatment of injured workers. The services include;
- Standard treatment
- Post-surgical treatment
- Neurological treatment
- Hydrotherapy treatment
Approved terms don’t require the fee of service. To get the treatment;
1. Report the injury to your employer
2. See your physiotherapist
3. Report your injury to WorkSafeBC
- In the missed-work situation, contact “Teleclaim contact center 1-888-WORKERS (1.888.967.5377)”
- Or fill out the application form for compensation or occupational disease i.e. form 6
4. Book the appointment to physiotherapy clinic under work-related injury