To recover from an injury after a motor vehicle accident can be challenging. An active rehab program is essential to help you reach your rehabilitation goals.
If you are recently involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) in BC, you are eligible for one-on-one ICBC active rehab with a Kinesiologist. Assistance and attention provided by Kinesiologists are essential for your recovery.
At Evergreen Rehab & Wellness, our ICBC active rehab program can address your injury. It works to realign your body and restore mobility of the affected areas. Our active rehab program involves a range of exercises tailored to address your injuries.
What is an ICBC Active Rehab?
ICBC Active Rehabilitation or active rehab involves tailored-made exercises by licensed Kinesiology to help you ease your pain, increase your strength and mobility through a range of movement. The main goal is to get you back to a pain-free life as soon as possible. With proper guidance and knowledge provided by a licensed Kinesiologist, you are not far from reaching your rehabilitation goals.
With active rehab, the patients are actively moving using the custom exercises provided by Kinesiologists. It is carefully guided and monitored by a licensed Kinesiologist to ensure precise movement.
ICBC Active Rehab is a treatment option for patients involved in a recent motor vehicle injury with active claims. If you are eligible for an ICBC Active Rehab, you are qualified for 12 pre-approved active rehab sessions within the 12 weeks of your accidents. There is no need for a doctor’s referral to proceed with your ICBC active rehab program. Also, there are no fees and upfront charges which allows you to focus on your recovery.
Want to book an appointment at Evergreen Clinic? Call us at 604-449-5859 or 604-498-5859 to find the best solution. We will help you to enjoy a painless and healthy lifestyle.
How to Get Started?
Active rehab has proved very useful for the patients as it has shown excellent results during the session. It is needed essentially in the following conditions.
- To start with the active rehab program, you must have an active claim. Please take note that you are pre-approved for 12 active rehab sessions within the first 12 weeks of your accident.
- As soon as you are eligible and approved for funding from ICBC, you can now schedule a one-on-one session with one of our Kinesiologists. Then, you’ll start with an assessment together with our Kinesiologist to check your current condition. Assessment is an essential step in creating a custom active rehab program.
- Our Kinesiologists will guide you in your exercise routine. These exercises help to improve your posture, increase your mobility and strength.
Key Parts of ICBC Active Rehab Process
Every new patient has to go through this complete assessment process. To begin, the Kinesiologist examines your past medical history and your current condition. Then, he will create a custom plan and set goals for your active rehab program in the first session. Also, the Kinesiologist does a re-assessment to check the effects of the program.
An ICBC patient gets training individually by doing exercises that enhance the capability of the posture and increase the strength and scalability in muscles and joints. Individual training makes you recover quickly.
A significant part of the active rehab program is educating patients. Kinesiologists will educate you at each session to guide you with proper movements. Also, they will provide you with advice, so you can confidently do the exercise routine on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions About ICBC MVA Active Rehab
At Evergreen Rehab & Wellness, our ICBC Active Rehab Program in Coquitlam & Surrey involves a step-by-step treatment process:
- A patient will go through a comprehensive assessment to identify conditions such as muscle imbalances, posture issues, and functional movement problems.
- Our Kinesiologist will design a corrective program to address the specific problems identified in the assessment.
- Strength training protocols will be progressive and closely managed.
- By the end of your program, you will see improvements in stability, mobility, strength, and endurance — followed by an exercise program to continue recovery.
Our active rehabilitation programs are one-on-one, ensuring that patients are doing proper and precise movements at every stage. Ultimately, we aim to help you successfully return to your pre-injury lifestyle and put those frustrating pains and difficulties behind you.
If you have an active ICBC claim, you are eligible for 12 pre-approved sessions of active rehab which will be billed directly to ICBC. So, your focus will be just on your recovery, and no need to think about the expenses. As mentioned earlier, please take note that you are pre-approved for 12 active rehab sessions within the first 12 weeks of your accident.
Yes, you may book a private active rehab session with a Kinesiologist even if you do not have an ICBC claim. This treatment includes customized exercises that give your body proper movements as well as being able to recover from pain and injuries. However, if you have an active ICBC claim, then you do not need to pay the cost of an active rehab session. But, if you are getting it without an ICBC claim, you need to check the rates here for private active rehab sessions.
Active rehabilitation is all about building strength, correcting harmful imbalances, and streamlining the process of returning to a pre-injury lifestyle. To access our active rehabilitation treatment program in Coquitlam and Surrey, clients must be far enough along the recovery process to respond well to active rehabilitation. In short, they must no longer be experiencing acute pain.
Aside from motor vehicle injury, active rehab is also best for:
- Experienced frustrating pain from a sports injury which flares up whenever you exercise
- Already doing exercises for sports physiotherapy in Coquitlam, but in need of guidance on which exercises are the best for their condition and how to perform them correctly
- Tried other treatment options and not experienced positive results
If you meet any of these criteria, you are a good candidate for a private active rehab session in Coquitlam, Surrey, and surrounding areas.
At Evergreen Rehab and Wellness, our main goal is to help you get back to the things you love doing and to live a healthy and pain-free life. We provide Kinesiology in Coquitlam, Surrey, and surrounding areas. If you have any questions about our services, feel free to get in touch!