James is a registered massage therapist who is an active member of CMTBC. He is proficient in deep tissue manipulation, joint mobilization, trigger point release, mechanical traction of soft tissue, and performing special stretching including proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching.
He focuses on treating the following musculoskeletal disorders.
- Chronic neck, shoulder, and back pain
- Functional Scoliosis for postural improvement & pain management
- Head Forward Posture for postural improvement & pain management
- Tingling and numbness in hands caused by Thoracic Outlet Syndrome or brachial nerve pinching.
- Frozen Shoulder
- Biceps Brachii Tendinitis and the other types of tendinitis
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis) & Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Pain, tingling, & numbness in the glut, leg & foot caused by Piriformis Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain management for Musicians (James is also a pianist at an advanced level, so he understands the biomechanics and ergonomics as well as musculoskeletal issues of musicians.)
He graduated from West Coast College of Massage Therapy, New Westminster, B.C., and he has been teaching at Langara College, Vancouver and West Coast College of Massage Therapy, New Westminster as an instructor for the RMT program, focusing on clinical assessment and the mechanisms of musculoskeletal disorders.
In his spare time, he loves playing the piano, arranging music, and fishing for refreshing himself.