Ahyoung Choi studied Health Sciences at Simon Fraser University and graduated from Central College in New Westminster to become a registered acupuncturist and TCM practitioner. Additionally, while working, she pursued her passion for learning and practicing manual osteopathy at the National Academy of Osteopathy in Toronto.
Ahyoung has successfully treated a wide range of issues, including musculoskeletal pain, nerve problems, as well as internal conditions such as IBS, stomach ulcers, cardiovascular issues, and women’s health, among others. She is trained in special manual osteopathic techniques like joint mobilization and the muscle energy technique. She is also skilled in acupotomy. In addition, she performs Tuina to realign the body and employs cupping therapy to address soft tissue concerns.
Her overarching goal is to share her knowledge and skills, offering not only physical healing but also emotional support throughout her patients’ healing journeys.
Born and raised in South Korea, she moved to Canada at the age of 13. Ahyoung is fluent in both English and Korean. In her free time, she enjoys working out at the gym and taking her dog for walks when she’s not working.
- Registered Acupuncturist in Canada
- Registered TCM practitioner in Canada
- Diploma in Osteopathic Manual Practice
- Certified technician in Microneedling, Mesotherapy, and Ultrasonic
- Member of Canada Acupotomology Association
- Member of The Canadian Association of Alternative Medicine
- Member of Korean Oriental Medicine and Acupuncturist Association in BC
- Member of American Acupuncture and Alternative Medicine Association