6 Ways Physiotherapy in Coquitlam can Improve Your Quality of Life
Oftentimes, Physiotherapy has been associated with injury or effects of diseases rehabilitation. We may hear physiotherapists working with an athlete or patient with heart disease.
But did you know that physiotherapy has a major role in our life? If you are looking for physiotherapy in Coquitlam and want to learn more about how it can help you. Here’s an article dedicated to you.
Physiotherapy plays a major role in healthcare. It can help in pain management and rehabilitation, such as an acute injury or management of chronic conditions such as heart disease. But, physiotherapy is not only limited to rehabilitation. It has a vital role in health promotion, disease, and injury prevention through providing education and advice. 1
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is defined as a primary care, autonomous, client-focused health profession dedicated to improving the quality of life. 2
The heart of the physiotherapy profession is on understanding how and why movement and function take place. 3
Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to improve and restore the function of multiple body systems.
Physiotherapy is a regulated profession committed to health, lifestyle, and quality of life. It applied a holistic approach that incorporates a wide range of physical and physiological interventions.
Physiotherapists in Canada are qualified to provide safe and effective interventions.
There are over 20,000 registered physiotherapists working in private clinics, general and rehabilitation hospitals, community health centres, residential care/assisted living facilities, home visit agencies, workplaces, and schools in Canada. 4
How Physiotherapy in Coquitlam can Improve Quality of Life
Physiotherapy helps in the improvement of the quality of life through the following:
1. Promotion of optimal mobility, physical activity, and overall health and wellness
Physiotherapy has an active role in promoting optimal mobility, physical activity, and overall health and wellness. This evidence-based practice encourages and educates patients on how movement sciences can help their condition and quality of life.
It also applies a holistic healing approach to injury, illnesses and improves overall health and wellness through physical, psychological, and social impact considerations. A physiotherapist will work with your body and mind to promote healing and overall health.
Moreover, physiotherapy can help you improve your lifestyle by preventing surgery by identifying the root cause of pain and guiding you to a series of exercises and treatments.
2. Disease, injury, disability prevention
Physiotherapy cannot only help in treating existing conditions but can also prevent diseases, injuries, and disabilities. Physiotherapists are experts in providing suitable exercises for our bodies that can help us prevent injury, illness, and disability. This is why we often hear them hired by athletes to treat the pain and avoid future injuries from happening.
Physiotherapists can help you assess the weak spot of your body and easily find your injury risk factors. And, they will discuss the steps to improve your weak spots or if there are any imbalances in your body.
Physiotherapists can help you avoid future disability through targeted exercises and treatments if you have an underlying condition such as spinal problems. They can help improve your well-being and reduce the risk by identifying the activities that can trigger your condition to get worse.
3. Management of acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions
About 44% of adults 20+ have at least 1 of 10 common chronic conditions. 5
Physiotherapists help people of all ages manage acute and chronic conditions, activity limitation, participation, and restrictions. They provide a customized physiotherapy program that can help individuals with their current conditions and lifestyle changes.
4. Improvement and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance
With movement science, Physiotherapists have an advanced understanding of how the body moves. They can make individuals increase their independence and function freely in the absence of pain.
Physiotherapy in Coquitlam provides a wide range of modalities that can help in improving your physical performance. It can help patients with injuries, illnesses, diseases, or even those who want to improve their athletic performance.
5. Injury, effects of diseases or disability rehabilitation through therapeutic exercise programs and interventions
When you’ve got a recent injury such as a motor vehicle accident, physiotherapy can help your recovery through therapeutic exercises and evidence-based practices.
In addition, if you are recently diagnosed with an illness or disease, physiotherapy can help. There are various conditions where physiotherapists can help. The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), contracted two health economists to provide an evidence-based and relevant valuation of physiotherapy across 13 issues. 6
The report has shown that physiotherapy can help the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- Chronic Diseases
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Low Back Pain
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
Treatment provided by a physiotherapist on the condition above has made a significant impact on the physical function and improvement of the overall quality of life of an individual.
6. Prevention of re-occurrence, re-injury, or functional decline with education and planning maintenance and support programs.
Injuries are inevitable aspects of life. Physiotherapy can prevent injuries from reoccurring by identifying problems relating to your muscles, balance, mobility, coordination, flexibility, and training regime, especially if you have an active lifestyle.
If you are suffering from an existing disease, you may also seek physiotherapy to help you prevent functional decline. A physiotherapist will educate and provide you with a tailored maintenance and support program.
Check out also the 10 Signs that Tell You Need to Visit a Physiotherapist in Coquitlam Today!
The Bottom Line
You are always not alone. If you are in Coquitlam, BC, there are always skilled and experienced physiotherapists that can help you. They cannot only help you resolve your muscular problems, but they can help you in many types of conditions and injuries.
Whether you are suffering from sports or work injuries and other chronic pain, the Physiotherapist will help you get out of the problem and teach you how to prevent any issues in the future.
Evergreen is Everywhere for Everyone – Let’s Help You Achieve Your Health and Wellness Goals
At Evergreen Rehab & Wellness – Coquitlam, we have Physiotherapists that will help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
You may contact us through the following:
- Evergreen Rehab & Wellness – Coquitlam
- Email:[email protected]
- Telephone Number: 604.449.5859
- Book Online Today!
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association. “Physiotherapy in Canada”. Canadian Physiotherapy Association (accessed Nov 1). https://physiotherapy.ca/physiotherapy-canada
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association. “Description of Physiotherapy in Canada”. Canadian Physiotherapy Association (accessed Nov 1). https://physiotherapy.ca/sites/default/files/site_documents/dopen-en.pdf
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association. “Description of Physiotherapy”. Canadian Physiotherapy Association (accessed Nov 1). https://physiotherapy.ca/description-physiotherapy
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association. “About Physiotherapy”. Canadian Physiotherapy Association (accessed Nov 1). https://physiotherapy.ca/about-physiotherapy
- Government of Canada. “Prevalence of Chronic Diseases Among Canadian Adults.” Public Health Agency of Canada (2019). https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/chronic-diseases/prevalence-canadian-adults-infographic-2019.html
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association. “Value of Physiotherapy”. Canadian Physiotherapy Association (accessed Nov 1). https://physiotherapy.ca/value-physiotherapy